romany_grande

Yoga apparel company opens first retail store in the Boston area…

“We believe in women. We believe today’s women not only represent external beauty, but also inner strength, creativity, intelligence and compassion. We believe in the men who love them. The men who understand the value of truth, integrity and humility. In the same way art is open to interpretation, we believe each person uniquely symbolizes his or her own truths.” 

Sporting a  mission to “create innovative activewear that tells your story”, the yoga apparel company Altar Ego has just launched their first retail location in Andover, MA.  The new showroom will serve as an extension of Altar Ego’s evolving online presence off of which the company has been driven for the past eighteen months – a customer base which includes 25% percent of sales originating outside of the U.S.  In a short window, through this fervent online presence the brand has flourished with a tribe of 1,500 “ambassadors” promoting the apparel worldwide and in an Instagram community of more than 18,000 followers.  A nice wind to have at one’s back as they open their retail shop in the Boston area!

Known for their signature leggings sporting names like Love & Light Paris, Ombre Om and Frida Kahlo, their products have a unique backstory driven by their founder, Rebecca McCrensky.  Ms. McCrensky, 34, points to her passion for numbers and her business background as major factors in her success at the helm of Altar Ego.  ”Moving from a highly quantitative side of the business into design may seem like a huge shift, but both require the ability to synthesize a variety of information into key action points. I really believe touching all aspects of the company allows me to create a tight process loop. This information flow allows me to react to market trends as well as customer feedback and invest in the innovations we need to keep both the creative and performance aesthetics of the line ahead of the curve.”

12347635_945161852199356_291879923693854345_n

Altar Ego Global Fashions engineers all of their signature designs not only to perform but also to portray a greater meaning.  Their leggings especially  clamor to be sampled in person.  Now they can be in just a short drive north of Boston!

Visit Altar Ego online…

Compiled by Susan Currie